- Policing Plan builds on improvements made in 2011-12
- This is the second year of the Policing Plan 2011-15, in which the Force intends to build on the massive improvements already made in performance and service delivery in Nottinghamshire over the next 12 months.
The Policing Plan 2011-15 focuses on an improvement programme which challenges the Force to deliver further reductions in crime and to boost confidence in local policing, in the face of stinging funding cuts.
The ultimate aim is for Nottinghamshire Police to become the best performing force in England and Wales.
In the past year, the Force has achieved steep reductions in crime in both Nottingham City and across the wider county reaching an overall reduction of 5994 (7.8%) offences for the twelve months ending 29 February 2012. As a result crime is now at its lowest level for more than 30 years and the gap has narrowed between the level of crime committed here and comparable parts of the country.
However, the Force and Police Authority recognise there is still much to be done and have unveiled a number of bold targets to ensure Nottinghamshire continues to become a safer place to live. These are:
- Reducing the total number of crimes committed by 8%
- Making savings of £10.3m
- Achieving a satisfaction rate of 90% which will position the force in the top three nationally.
Delivery of these targets will help the Force achieve its ambition, namely that by 2015 Nottinghamshire will be:
- The safest county in England and Wales
- The best value-for-money police force in England and Wales
- The most dependable police force in England and Wales
The full plan and associated appendices can be downloaded by clicking here.
The first section sets out the forcewide aims and priorities, and is followed by eight individual local plans relating to eight individual districts.
Among the priorities identified in the plan for the coming four years are:
- Investing more money than ever before in policing local neighbourhoods
- Targeting antisocial behaviour in parts of the city and county where people are most at risk
- Increased collaboration with neighbouring police forces to provide services; and improving the feedback provided to victims.
In the Policing Plan for 2011-15 you will see how the force plans to build on these successes for the coming years.
- In this Section
- Latest News
link to Latest News